Revu Release Notes
2017.0.10 – Update 1
AutoCAD (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
Added compatibility for AutoCAD 2018
Added compatibility for AutoCAD LT 2018
Navisworks (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
Added compatibility for Navisworks 2018
Transport Layer Security version 1.2
Added TLS 1.2 support to bFX
Revu 2017 fixes several issues including, but not limited to:
- Login credentials are now properly reset when signing out, switching user and enabling OpenID
- Subjects including colon characters now display as expected in Excel when using Quantity Link
- Markups from other applications, which were created without defined points, are now visible in Revu
- Columns now respect the Use Current Column Width option when creating a table-style PDF Summary
- Bounding box size has been reduced for date field when using Batch Sign & Seal with high-resolution monitors
- Measurement value is selected by default when calibrating scale, restoring the ability to immediately enter values
- The photo preview portion of the ProjectWise Explorer window is restored
- Resolved an issue in which…Various performance and stability improvements for Studio and Sets
- converting AutoCAD documents containing SHX fonts would fail
- some multi-page documents would not print all pages
- an Open License would remain checked out unexpectedly
- the subject for some annotations could not be changed in the Markups List
- Count markups placed in earlier versions of Revu showed an incorrect value of 1
- deleting the first symbol in a Count markup would cause the subject to change
- separate Counts of matching shape were merged upon deleting a surrounding Space
- downloaded copies of Studio Project documents were automatically set to read-only
- files not cached and non-PDF files would not download from Studio
- register command was not functioning properly for deployment via MSI and MSP
- uninstall script did not remove Revu 2016.5.2
- elements of Batch Sign & Seal coordinates were slightly offset depending on DPI settings
- Rise/Drop could not be modified after modifying Slope for Length and Polylength
- the Recents section of the File Access tab contained no files
- interactive content was not being included when applied via Batch Stamp
- some markups created with Dynamic Fill would have the subject revert to default values
- errors in the font cache would prevent text in documents from being displayed
- the Repair Font process could make some markups invisible
- Revit would throw errors on systems with ElumTools or Licaso and Revu 2017 installed
- Various performance and stability improvements for Studio and Sets
Revu 2017 - New Features
Dynamic Fill makes it quick and easy to generate a variety of markups from content in PDF drawings. Dynamic Fill does this by greatly reducing the effort required to create markups and removing redundancies where a single selection can be used to create multiple elements, such as measurement markups and Spaces. A fill tool makes it easy to select complex shapes by “pouring” selections within boundaries on the drawing. Tool Chest items can be accessed as well, allowing you to include the exact materials and measurements you need with a simple yet powerful set of tools.
QUANTITY LINK (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Quantity Link streamlines the takeoff, estimation and bidding process by creating a one-way flow of information from Revu to Microsoft Excel*. Measurement totals can be sourced from any number of PDFs stored on local or network drives and link to cells in an Excel workbook. As measurements are modified on the source files, the linked totals will update in real time. Length, Area, Volume, Wall Area, Width, Height and Count totals can be provided by a variety of compatible measurement types; for example, the total area could be compiled from both Area and Volume markups. You can even save workbooks with custom formatting and link options to create a bid template that can be easily shared and reused.
*Compatible with Excel 2010, 2013, 2016
AUTOMATIC FORM CREATION (eXtreme Edition Only)
Automatic Form Creation makes adding form fields to a PDF a quick and seamless process. Revu will detect potential form fields on an open document, recognise the input type, and automatically place the appropriate form fields into the document where they were originally detected. Once the form fields have been created, the Forms tab is automatically opened, providing an immediate opportunity to audit the automated results and make any modifications, if necessary. Automatic Form Creation works on PDFs whether they were created digitally or from scans and has the ability to automatically place text, date, checkbox, radio button and digital signature fields.
BATCH SIGN & SEAL (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Batch Sign & Seal makes it possible to apply a digital signature or document certification across a batch of files. Manually place a signature or automatically place it on any number of pages within each document by selecting any predefined digital signature form field. This feature also provides the ability to apply a professional seal and the current date. Like the signature, the date can be freely placed or target form fields formatted for date. The signature is placed over the seal, as is common when using paper, rubber stamps and a handwritten signature.
Polylength & Segments
The new Polylength tool provides the ability to measure multiple lengths within a single markup. Each length segment displays its dimension while being drawn and as a caption on the drawing. Polylength also includes a Rise/Drop option to add length that could not be measured on a 2D drawing. This makes it easy to get accurate totals for materials such as pipe, conduit or cable, all of which run vertically in walls and cannot be measured in a plan view. Revu 2017 also includes the ability to display segment values for Area, Volume and Perimeter measurements with several configurable appearance properties.
A Slope value, expressed as a Pitch, Degree or Grade, can be applied to Length and Area measurements. Slope is now a built-in Markups List column.
Width & Height
Width and Height columns in the Markups List now display scaled values for Area and Volume measurements. These dimensions are determined by the overall measurement width and overall measurement height. Width and Height fields are also modifiable for Count measurements, allowing for assignment of typical material dimensions.
Units are now displayed next to their respective measurement value in the Markups List. These units can be included as a separate column in both CSV and XML summaries (single and batch) by selecting the “Include measurement units” option in the summary options dialog box.
Along with the new ellipse cutout option, cutouts can now be copied and pasted within Area and Volume measurements. Additionally, the polygon cutout can cut through an edge of an Area or Volume measurement, reforming the overall boundary of the measurement.
Automatically fill cutouts by selecting an area or volume measurement and clicking inside the cutout region. Hold the SHIFT key to fill all remaining unfilled cutouts.
With the ‘Store Scale in Page’ option selected, ‘Apply Scale to All Pages’ is now available from within the Calibrate dialog box. This makes it easy to set a scale across multiple pages.
Split & Resume
From within the right-click context menu, both Polylength and Perimeter measurements can be split on an interior control point or any segment. Similarly, a Polylength or Perimeter measurement can be resumed from the right-click content menu initiated from either end control point.
Custom Count Symbols
Custom count symbols can be created from markups in the Tool Chest, allowing for a much wider selection of custom appearances to represent quantities on a drawing. These custom counts are available as an option to apply to visual search results.
Split & Merge
When performing counts across Spaces, counts are automatically split into separate markups, providing accurate totals per Space. Split counts allows for a single count markup of multiple quantities to be manually separated into multiple count markups. Splitting count markups allows you to apply different properties to counts without having to start the count from scratch. Similarly, separate counts can be manually merged into a single markup sharing the same properties.
Width & Height
By applying width, height and depth values to a count, automatically calculate area and volume for materials such as windows, doors or concrete footings.
Copy & Paste
Counts can now be copied and pasted from one drawing to another. This is extremely useful for multi-level projects with similar floor plans from floor to floor.
Revu 2017 makes it possible to show captions describing label, width, height, area, volume and depth, adjacent to symbols within a Count markup. All of these descriptions can be enabled or disabled independently.
360° photos provide a comprehensive view of surrounding field conditions, typically not available in regular photos. These images can be added to Capture from local and network drives, Studio Projects and supported DMS locations. An icon in the upper right corner of the viewing window indicates the ability to pan, spin, and zoom into detail. 360° photos must be of a 2:1 aspect ratio and created with a compatible device which currently include:
- Ricoh Theta S
- Samsung Gear 360
- LG 360 Cam
- Nikon KeyMission 360
- Giroptic 360 Cam
- PTGui 360 Panorama Software
View this page for a list of compatible hardware
3D PDF ENHANCEMENTS
Navigation & Metadata
Revu 2017 includes several improvements that make even the most expansive 3D models much easier to navigate. A redesigned 3D Model Tree tab offers an intuitive user interface and adds new functionality. Use Search and Filter to quickly cut through the noise and focus on the details you want to see. Or simply select any model object and, if necessary, the model will automatically pan and zoom while retaining its current orientation and make any obstructing objects temporarily transparent. Model names, colors and metadata are easily accessible and can now be directly edited within Revu and even exported as a CSV report.
Revu now opens PRC-formatted 3D PDFs for viewing. Please note that this format is not fully supported at this time and some model objects may not appear as originally intended.
PLUGIN ENHANCEMENTS (CAD & EXTREME EDITIONS ONLY)
Places are now automatically generated from Revit* views when exporting to PDF, making it easier to create links to detail sheets.
*Compatible with Revit 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
3D PDFs can now be created from AutoCAD*
*Compatible with AutoCAD 2016 and 2017
Added compatibility for SketchUp 2017
Revu 2017 may be installed in a side-by-side mode, allowing Revu 2016 and Revu 2017 to be installed simultaneously. This functionality is provided for users who would like to evaluate Revu 2017 before uninstalling the previous version of Revu. Choosing to upgrade from Revu 2016 to Revu 2017 is the recommended installation choice, as it is the simplest option and reduces the required disk space for installation.
Usage Data Sharing
Revu is an application constantly in development. Bluebeam is committed to its continual improvement, and your input is crucial. When installing Revu 2017, there is an option to allow Bluebeam to collect Revu usage data to help improve the application. This information is anonymous and will not be shared with 3rd parties. Bluebeam will not collect personal information about you. The data tracking we are implementing is designed to help us understand which Revu functionality you are using and how well the application is performing. This option can be enabled or bypassed at any time from the Bluebeam Administrator that is installed with Revu. Leaving this option enabled will greatly help the improvement of Revu.
REVU 2017 FIXES SEVERAL ISSUES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Selecting and highlighting text now occurs from the center of the selection cursor as expected
- 64-bit Revu can now access 32-bit Outlook address books
- Resolved an issue where Revit views with an origin other than 0,0 would not create Spaces from Rooms
- Cloud+ markups are no longer locked for editing when placed via bFX
- Resolved an issue where other users’ markups could be inadvertently edited via bFX
- Setting expiration time now displays and functions as expected for Studio Sessions
- Selecting or resizing a hyperlink no longer navigates to the link location while in edit mode
- Resolved an issue where the Capture / Camera tools displayed upside-down images on some devices
- AutoMark no longer ignores double letters
- Resolved issue where some computers were unexpectedly identified as tablet devices
- Revit plugin now correctly prompts user for file name when one file per view/sheet option is enabled
- Resolved an issue where separate print jobs were sent from Revit when collate option is enabled
- Improved the handling of auto-detection for SharePoint when multiple sites are mapped
- Resolved an issue where a font cached error was thrown unexpectedly
- Batch PDF from AutoCAD no longer ignores the “include for publishing” setting in sheet sets
- International versions of the Revit plugin now generate Tags from properties
- Resolved an issue in the Revit plugin where rotated viewports would create misaligned Spaces